From: "clyde neagle" <c_neagle@msn.com>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 6:52 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Ursack lack of volume

I am leaving Thursday to start the PCT from Walker Pass to Manning.  My plan
is to start relatively slowly and

work up to thru-hiker pace.  My resupply from KM to Kearsage/Independence is
7 days.  The food weighs 16

lbs.  My Ursack is stuffed full and I have food left over.  I think it will
be OK for the 3-5 day resupply's.  For 7

days it doesn't have the volume.  How should I protect the leftover food in
the Sierras?  Rent a canister for just

 the Sierras?  I only have 3 resupply's that are in the 6 to 7 day range.
Most of them fall in the 2-5 day range.

I bought this puppy for this trip.  It seemed like a good compromise.
Thanks, Gene