[pct-l] We're hiking Washington PCT this year

I agree with Yogi and Ron.  One may as well walk on
the roads from Mexico to Canada if they just want to
stay near towns and re-supplies.  In 2002, I hiked
that stretch with several others, and the trail made
it apparent that many, if not most, were walking the
road past here.  It was not well travelled.  We were
rewarded with the sight and squawling of a bear cub.
Rushing across the trail in front of us, then making
major racket from a nearby tree, it was a highlight.
Needless to say, we didn't linger, not wanting to
either annoy the youngster or anger its mother, no
doubt nearby at the time.

It seemed to me that by Washington  many of the thru
hikers got onto a mission, that of finishing.  Me, I
slowed down, and had a better hike for it.  The PCT in
Washington was a joy, all of it.  As Yogi says in her
email, that section has some awesome views, and after
all, "it's the freakin' PCT."

Larry H