[pct-l] Old PCT marker on Ebay!

Actually , I climbed the same Whale peak 35 years ago and found the remains
of a  ballon on top that he been launched by a first grade project.( card
with address asked for return)  Should I not have picked it up?.

What about the old historic CCC shelters that the Olympic National Park folk
burned down because they did not fit with the Parks policies of management
and they decided to call them an eyesore(In the 100 plus inches of rain per
year, they were used and welcomed by all, not to mention the historic
value)..

I found my signs on the ground ,  not even near the PCT.  I never advocated
their sale on Ebay.  You are comparing an old miner's remains with a piece
of metal dropped on the ground 25 years ago?

The important thing is that there are definitions to antiquities and
cultural relics; beyond that each person has to decide for themselves and
LNT is a system of ETHICS.  I do not believe that everybody has to have the
same ethics.  Over the years I have found that it is not very beneficial to
be taking somebody else's inventory.

Joanne