[pct-l] JMT Happy Isles to Tuolumne - Solo Advice

Speaking of bear cans...

I'll be somewhere between Horseshoe Meadow and The Trench the weekend after the 4th of July.
The Inyo NF Ranger out of Bishop tells me that, though bear cans are not required in this area, he HIGHLY recommends them. He says there's a bear who's been "trained from a cub" to take down ANYTHING hung...

Really....

I'm inclined to think this is ranger hyperbole. ANYTHING hung? That's an impressive bear!

Does anyone have any recent experience with this clever critter in this particular area?
I don't believe I'll be camped above treeline, we'll try to stay within the trees at night. I was expecting to hang my stuff.

...I know! I'll sleep with it all under my head!!! ( <== Bear Tip from Pvt. Skivvy)

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m