[pct-l] Where are they now?

David Frederck wrote:

>Where are the majority of through hikers?
>Does anyone know, or can someone estimate?
>Thanks.
>
>David

A message on the list a couple days ago (May 25, I think) said that a
wave of 7 hikers had just hit Kennedy Meadows, and all of them had been
at ADZKOP.  I calculated their distance traveled as 700 miles, and
average miles per day as 23.  I was suitably impressed.  I got the
impression that they were among the earliest arrivals of ADZ hikers to
hit Kennedy Meadows.  About a week ago, another message said that
Donna's haven in Agua Dulce was hosting 51 hikers that one night.  Wow!
So it seems that most hikers are now somewhere between Agua Dulce and
Kennedy Meadow,  in section E, F, or the southern part of G.
I have nothing better to do today than sit around and speculate and pack
for our overnight in section C tomorrow.
Marion