From: "Monte Dodge" <montedodge@msn.com>
To: "pct-l" <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 1:46 PM
Subject: [pct-l] NO Stoves??

Not carrying a stove?? This is a option in the desert and does save a few
ozs. ( I don't cook in the morning so I can have an early start)
    Not having a stove in rainy Washington will send you to " Therapy".
Seven days of rain and no hot coffee to have on a cold damp morning?? I
would pack a five pound stove and it would still be worth it!!! Hot food in
cold weather,,,, Cold hot food in hot weather!!! ( Deep words of wisdom by
Mad Monte 1958-20??)