[pct-l] Onyx and Arrastre Water Report

On Saturday, May 15, there were 7 gallons of water at Onyx Summit.  My Girl
Scout backpacking group left 5 more gallons for a total of 12.  I do not know
who has been caching this location.  My group also placed 6 gallons of water
along the trail as you come out at Hwy. 18 (13.6 miles from Onyx) just in case
someone is in need.  We'll check it this weekend.  Arrastre Trail Camp has
running water in the pipe.

My group ran into 3 backpackers who had attempted to hike from I-10 and the
Fire Dept. told them to turn around that the PCT was closed in that area so
they drove to the Big Bear side.  You can smell the smoke from Heart Bar.

Donna Smith