[pct-l] Paradise Cafe

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 pfreiman@UCSD.Edu wrote:

> My co-worker, whose father lives near the Paradise Cafe,tells me that if you
> are a through-hiker you get your meal for free......just something to check out.

Is this the restaurant at highways 74 and 371? Even if the free meal thing
isn't true, it's worth stopping by. It was a godsend in '97 when I was
thru-hiking. I was there again 3 years ago and it was still a good place
to eat despite having changed ownership.

I'd be shocked if they're really giving thru-hikers free meals. Don't they
know how much thru-hikers eat? I hope it doesn't make them go broke.

-Karl

Karl "Birdman" Brandt PCT97 LT98
http://people.ucsc.edu/~kbrandt/