[pct-l] resupply foods

Another good food to pack in resupply boxes is string cheese.  The 1-oz
individually shrink wrapped sticks keep a long time without
refrigeration.  I have carried them and shipped them for up to a month.
They get sharper but don't spoil.  I was glad I shipped them to VVR, as
they wanted to sell them for $1 per stick.  Not to slam VVR, because I
love 'em.  A lot of what they do for us is totally worth the money.  But
their refrigerated food in the store is understandably pricey,
considering the distance they haul it in.
Marion Davison