[pct-l] Secrets of the trail?

As I was reading Suge's diary he mentioned that 5:30 am was a very
important time of the day....first rise.  One of the most valuable
things I was ever taught in a leadership training course was to
always try to have have the distance covered by noon.  So..... you
can dally around camp and not get off until 10, then race to your
next destination, OR you can get up at the crack and walk at a
relaxed pace, knowing you will have adequate time for enjoying the
day.  If you push your pace you will regret it (exhaustion, blisters,
yadda yadda).
Capt Bivy