[pct-l] risk the fine? - ursack?

Your right Charlie, The can of worms is open.
First of all, to the Rangers who may be on this list, I carry the wild ideas bear can, and next year when I go, I plan to have it from Kennedy meadows to Tahoe as per what Eric Yakel is also doing. I am not just doing it because Yosemite, Kings Canyon, Sequoia Parks and perhaps other places require it at certain points, but because I don't like bears getting my food, you dont have to carry rope with you to hang food (for those who hang food on their backpacking trips), It also makes a nice chair to sit on in camp (Don't put it on sharp rocks though), and after a long hike is is a lot easier putting it in a can than working for an 1/2 -1 hour to hang the food after a 20 mile hike. After Tahoe I don't believe we need a can either for rangers or for them big hungry critters...

Just to defuse any hot replys... Please HYOH, you are not required to follow my example. Following my example does not guarantee perceived benefits. Hiking with a bear can can increase you chances of hurting you back, spraining an ankle, wearing out on the trail before you get to camp. This list is not inclusive of all side effects. Consult your doctor before going on any long hikes. Taking a bear can is not substitute for getting regular medical checkups. Consult your dietitians is a bear can is right for you. This offer void where prohibited. Some exclusions do apply, see you local Ranger for details.

-Mountain Goat-

In a message dated 4/10/2004 9:34:48 PM Pacific Standard Time,