[pct-l] Cell phones

Hi,

my experience from the Owen's valley is, that my Sprint cell phone works
nowhere. Not in Mojawe, not in Lone Pine, Bishop, Mammoth. But on most of
these places ATT, T-Mobile and Verizon seem to be working.

On top of Mt. Whitney some hikers got "two bars" but where unable to get a
connection home. I've had that experience in the San Gabriels a few times.
Sprint sucks for backcountry areas. A friend has a Verizon and he always
got reception a little further than I did (San Gabriels).

Ilja.