[pct-l] O.T. Digital Cameras and Thru-Hikes

> You may also want to think about how many pictures you want on one
> card at a time. If the card goes bad (and they do) how many pictures
> do you want to lose?

This is a good point, and why my friend who rode his bike from Houston
to Denali chose to buy like a hundred small cards and mail them back
when they were full.  He would wait till he would find the smaller less
desireable cards on sale and buy a whole bunch of them.  Since everyone
wants the 256-512meg cards now, he was able to find some 8-16meg for
cheap.

The strategy worked for him.

peace,
dude