[pct-l] Information Overload!

--- go4ahike@pacifier.com wrote:
> As I continue to plan for my 2004 thru-hike attempt,
> I've realized that
> I'm starting to suffer from Information Overload!

Here's another way.

Let the hike unfold as you go along.  Don't overplan,
but rather just enjoy it.  On each day, hike with the
body you brought, hike the trail you're on, take the
weather as it comes, and eat the heavy food first.  It
will all work out.

You will need the guidebook.  And you will need to do
maildrops and/or shopping.  The other books, even the
water caches, are helpful but not essential.  People
have thru hiked for decades without them.  Surprises
are more memorable than plans.  Enjoy them too.

Just my opinion.

Larry H