[pct-l] Cascades or Sierras?

Am hiking the PCT with my 18 yr old son this Summer. Thought it would be
great preparation for college! Can hike for 4 weeks total and my window is
early-July to mid-August. Could do Washington (Cascades) as he lives in
Seattle, or the CA Sierras. Hear the mosquitoes would be troublesome in
either. Probably the later, the better? What would be the best way to
monitor snow conditions in the Cascades? Our days should be FULL since we
want to fish as well. Any preferences or suggestions?

Aloha, Mike