[pct-l] Trekking Pole Tips

Speaking of Leki trekking poles; the California representative from Leki will
be attending the ADZ and be cleaning any Leki poles that you may have and
will provide replacement parts also.

Greg

In a message dated 3/28/2004 9:48:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Slyatpct@aol.com writes:
In a message dated 3/28/2004 10:57:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
walkaboutman@hotmail.com writes:

> Anyone know how to replace the tips on Komperdell trekking poles? I can't
> tell whether they screw on or are a pressed fit. I've worn my down to
> practically nothing in 4 months.

Not sure about Kompedells, but Lekis are pressed on.  The replacement tips
should have directions, if not....  Take an adjustable wrench, fit it
somewhat
tightly around the top and whack it downward sharply with a hammer.  They
should pop right off.  Replace and bang them on a hard surface to secure.

If Leki tips fit, their carbide tips get about 1200 miles of hard hiking on
average.

Sly