Fwd: [pct-l] Sleeping bag

I use to sleep cold.  In fact, I would stuff one bag into the other
and I would still have a cold spot.  Couldn't figure it out.  Then I
got a nice thick balaclava (the hood, not the pastry) and I was
roasting.  I have recently been out in sub-freezing conditions and
been as warm as toast.  Don't know what rating my ancient bag has,
but I know what keeps me warm is my hat! (I have two balaclavas,  the
heavier one goes on first, then when I wake up at 2 AM because I am
too hot I put on the light one instead of unzipping my bag.)
Capt Bivy