[pct-l] Warner Springs Spa

> I was wondering if hikers still camped out in the tubes under the road
> just
> north of the post office.  In '97, there were maybe 8-10 of us camped in
> the
> north-most tube, warm and dry on the sand floor.  The price was right.

I camped near there last year, since I got there just after the "store"
closed, and couldn't get any cash out. The tubes had a bunch of brackish
cow-pie water in it, and the whole area reeked of cows. Wasn't pleasant,
especially when I'd just done my first 20 mile day, and had high hopes of a
Sierra Nevada at the resort. Oh well. Next year, I will make sure to have
enough cash on me to spend the night.

Gray