From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of Justin Thibault
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2004 4:12 PM
To: pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Sleeping Bag advice

I don't think my 6-year-old Ferrino synthetic is gonna make it, so I need to

get a new bag for this year's thru hike--down, 20 degree give or take.  Cost

is an issue (as I tearfully wave goodby to Western Mountaineering) and I'm
currently checking out the following:
Marmot Sawtooth 15/20deg, on sale for $170
Moonstone Lucid 800 20deg, $230
Kelty Quasar Ultralite 25deg, $180
Any thoughts on the suitability of these bags for the PCT?  Satisfied
customers?  The Sawtooth is a couple ounces shy of 3lbs, Kelty a bit over 2,

Moonstone a bit under.  And is it worth melting my credit card for the
sacred Western Mountaineering Ultralite 20deg, for $280? Grateful for any
ideas...

JJ