[pct-l] Maps vs books

I like the USGS maps too, but 2600 miles of 7.5 minute maps seems
overkill. I usually use them for planning and only really bring them if
I go cross country. I like the Tom Harrison maps for longer distances
because they give mileage markers and show a larger area. I agree that
maps would be more useful in snow covered areas and in areas where the
trail is rerouted due to fire, flood, or whatever. And I will
definitely be getting some books. Right now I'm borrowing my dad's 1979
edition California PCT book. I figure I could probably use something a
little more recent.

Thanks for all the info you guys have provided!

Mark

-----
Get Above It All at
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add