[pct-l] Ordered the GPS, already disapointed!

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, alex fullingim wrote:
> I ordered the Magellan Sport Trac Color - seemed like
> a good price and i wanted the color display to see
> Topo maps better.
>
> I went and picked up Magellan's "Topo Map USA" - great
> product except it doesn't have any trails defined?
> Not Even the PCT - DANG IT.

Alex, Delorme Topo USA 4.0 has many trails on it including the PCT.  I
used it to enter waypoints into my GPS on a recent trip to Gila NF.  The
accuracy often surprised me since waypoints I placed on the map
program(and downloaded to the GPS) usually came within a 50ft of the
actual feature (the GPS accuracy is usually 16-40 ft with a good satellite
fix).  My only gripe with the program is that while it has most trails
I've looked for, it often doesn't have names for the minor ones so that
you have to refer to a trail guide to make sure your looking at the
correct trail.

Ben