[pct-l] weight loss

> >> For those who have thru hiked the pct or for that matter
> >> any long distance hike what was your average weight loss?

On my northbound AT hike, I started at 125lbs and weighed 110lbs by the time
I got to Pennsylvania.  I had put back on about 5lbs by Katahdin.  When I
was down to 110, I ran out of gas quickly but it was so hot I didn't feel
like eating a lot.  Once it cooled off my appetite increased and I felt a
lot better.  I hope I don't have this heat related problem on the PCT.

In retrospect, maybe I started putting that weight back on about Manchester
Center, Vermont.  That Ben & Jerrys Ice Cream shop was very attractive.

Christy

Create a Job Alert on MSN Careers and enter for a chance to win $1000!
http://msn.careerbuilder.com/promo/kaday.htm?siteid=CBMSN_1K&sc_extcmp=JS_JASweep_MSNHotm2