[pct-l] motel and restaurant recommendations

Greetings from a longtime list-lurker and section hiker.

Last week I was putting together a longwinded memo of sorts for a
thru-hiking colleague (she, her husband and young daughter are due to hit
Campo in about a month). It was a bit of the usual cautionary stuff but the
majority of it was a rundown of restaurants and motels. As a section hiker
who does a lot of setup nights in town and a lot of nights just off the
trail in town, I've spent more than a fair share of my travel budget in
these towns and thought I'd pass along my observations.

The list of notes is a little unwieldy to post to the list. But if anyone
else is interested in one person's food and lodging notes for the section
from Whitney to Shasta, please e-mail me off list and I'll be happy to send
it along.

David Plotnikoff
San Jose Mercury News
(408) 920-5867