[pct-l] Application to Canada..

At least in 2002, the Canadian officials were very
cool with of our "class" members, Iron Chef.

Technically, you are supposed to report in at the
immigration station in Hope, BC. Hardly anyone does
beecause it is hard for the average thru-hiker to get
there!
Iron Chef and his now-wife (who picked him up in
Manning) stopped in at the immigration station in
Hope. Showed his permit. The RCMP (aka the "mounties")
stamped his permit AND gave his some rub-on mountie
tatoos!

Iron Chef tought it would be a cool way to make it
official. And what could be cooler than rub-on mountie
tatoos? :-)

Iron Chef (Matt Geiss) posts here every so often.
Haven't seen him post in a while though. If your out
there..I hope I didn't mangle your story too badly.
:-)

FWIW, I put on my permit "dark hair, bearded, tanned".
That should narrow me down to oh..a few million
people. :D  (I felt putting down my true appearence
(pirate-like/zorba the greek like/PLO member like,
may have discouraged the Canadian officials from
giving me the permit...:D)

=====
--Thoreau