[pct-l] Unleaded Gas in Whisperlite Stove

Slyatpct@aol.com writes:

> Once you're out there, you'll probably see most using a homemade alcohol
> stove, give it a thought, no parts to break down or clog.
_____

Amen!  70 percent on the PCT last year; 50 percent on the AT.  (Or
thereabouts.)  A lot of the AT hikers are new to this.  So be it.

One of my nicest experiences on the AT ('02) was at a shelter where seven
hikers cooked dinner on alcostoves and nobody fired up a gas-burning conversation
stopper.  OK, it only happened once.  The AT is a wonderfully sociable trail!