[pct-l] leg cramps - potassium

One cause of cramps could be lack of potassium, but I don't believe you need potassium supplements to avoid it, sports drinks like Gator-ade should work. If the cramps are caused by a lack of potassium they should come at the end of a very extensive workout. The last time this happened to me was in mile 60 of a 75 bike ride dubbed "the Worlds Toughest Century". I was able to limp into a store, drink two quarts of a sport drink and I was fine.  While backpacking, I bring along packets of Gator-ade and drink one quart about mid-morning avery day, and that seems to avoid cramps.

Dave D.