[pct-l] snow plant part 3.

> while we're on the subject, one page I read
described the snow plant as an herb.

i'm sure they meant it not in the cooking sense (see
"foraging" post), but in the botanical sense: "plant
with little or no wood above ground; above-ground
parts are of less than one year or growing season
duration." as compared to shrubs and trees.

i love talking about plants.  that'll be one great
part of the long hike up california - seeing so many
plants, habitats, ecosystems.  is it april yet?