[pct-l] resupply adventures

Never have I felt quite so alien as when we hiked into Cedar Grove to
pick up a resupply, with three llamas.
The resupplies are held in a metal storage building behind a ranger
station at a major campground.  It took some doing to find a ranger with
a key.  The boxes were too heavy and bulky to carry off to a more
private place, so we did our resupply right there in the parking lot,
next to three parked llamas.  We were mobbed by curious tourists and got
the attention of every uniformed ranger in the area.
When typical windshield tourists see llamas in National parks, they seem
to think we are part of the attraction.  They want to put their kids on
a llamas back and take a picture.  The llamas say no way.   They always
ask the same set of questions.  I used to enjoy the attention, but I
have come to dread it.  We joke about printing up an FAQ brochure to
hand them as we quietly walk away.
It is better for us to do a resupply at someplace like Vermillion where
the viewing public is much smaller.
Marion