[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows General Store

In a message dated 2/17/2004 3:48:01 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jbmaterick@stanfordalumni.org writes:

> Would anyone by chance know if the Kennedy Meadows General Store is open as
> early as April?  I seem to remember reading that Kennedy Meadows is open
> year round, but I can't find that information again.  I have called the store's
> number but get no answer...not a good sign...
>
> Thanks!
> J. Bradley

My husband will be hiking the California portion of the PCT in two stages
this year.  He'll start in Campo on March 8th.  We had the same questions about
the Kennedy Meadows general store because I plan to drive there and meet him at
the end of his first stage in late April.  He called the store and spoke to
the fellow in November.  The store is closed completely during Jan and Feb.
That's why you're not getting an answer when you call.  We think that it is
still closed in March, but open in a limited fashion in April, mostly weekends.
It was not totally clear to us, either, though, what the owner's schedule would
really be.

I'd also be interested to read if anyone has more concrete dates and times
than this.

Thanks-

Betsy & Darrell