[pct-l] Why Hike Solo

There's been a lot of discussion about ways to facilitate a solo hiker's
end-of-trip logistics.  One of the marvelous things about the trail is that you
never know what's over the next rise, around the next switchback.  I find this
to likewise apply to town experiences.  Getting into town for resupply is an
adventure as well.  The town experience, at least to me, is magical because I am
able to participate - observe and interact - in society without actually
being a part of it... an Alien from some star-distant civilization, as it were...
an otherworld experience.   This equally applies to the end of the trip.  I
just go.  Something will work out. I have yet to fail to reappear at home...
probably to the disappointment of some. <G>

No Way
Ray Echols