[pct-l] pocketmail users?

We have used PocketMail to record our jornals on the CDT and AT. We didn't
know about PocketMail until we had started the PCT.

On the CDT I set up web pages ahead of time for each mail drop. We tried to
write a journal entry every night. Did a pretty good job of getting
something down too. Everytime Marcia saw a telephone she hurried over and
called PocketMail. That sent our daily journal to about 40 people. One of
which copied the text and put it on the Webpages. We also mailed film to
that person. She had the film developed and put a couple of pictures on the
web page. She worried a lot about getting it right. I told her if it was
wrong only Marcia and I would know and we wouldn' tell anyone.

On the AT we used a slightly different technique. We still used PocketMail
and sent the daily journals to about 50 people. (We actually maxed out the
number that PocketMail would send to.) We had a couple who had hiked the AT
the year before transcribe the journal entries onto
www.trailjournals.com/gottawalk . Again it was just a cut and paste
operation. We didn't try to add more than a few pictures.

When we got home from both of these hikes we re-did the journals and added
our favorite pictures. The result is http://home.pacbell.net/kdpo . We wish
we had had PocketMail on the PCT. Some of the facts of the PCT are dimming.
Guess we better try that trail agin with PocketMail.

Ken
PCT2000, CDT2002, AT2003