[pct-l] Hike Solo

Why I hike Solo:

It's the call of nature as the pack heads north they soon break of into
smaller packs.
Like wolves they slink among the trees glancing forward then backward. For
those behind you can read the glare in their eyes; for those ahead the stare is
good-bye. You see it is our animal instinct to go for the kill which is the
Canadian Border.

Off they go racing from dawn till dusk knowing they must. As they settle in
for the night the fastest and strongest will be followed by the slower and
older.

As days go into weeks many miles separate the packs; then finally the slower
perhaps by age or by fault will leave but others will go on alone.

That is how I got my name "Lonetrail." I am old and slow, abandoned by the
pack, but as I tread north I will come across a carcass of one of the fast. How
sad! With a throb in my heart I must say good bye and perhaps give a howl to
the moon as I cry. You see it's the animal instinct to make that journey to the
end of the trail.

Lonetrail