[pct-l] Hiking solo as a woman

> I'm interested in what women hiking alone have to
say.

I am a 36 yrs old female from Germany planning a solo
PCT thru hike this year.
I have always been hiking alone - first because nobody
else wanted to come along and then because I liked it.
Now I prefer solo hiking - as it has been said before
no compromises and total responsibility. I don't think
that women face bigger problems than men while hiking
solo - I never felt threatened by other male hikers.
The most interesting people I met while hiking were
other solo hikers - they are much more independent and
self-reflecting than couples. But you are right, I
hardly ever met any other female solo hikers -
especially not on long trips. It is a pity that most
women miss that experience.
I am so much looking forward to my trip - it is the
fulfillment of one of my biggest dreams - but doing it
alone was never ever any concern for me.
Happy trails,
Christine

Mit sch?nen Gr??en von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de