[pct-l] hiking in a dress?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Edmond Meinfelder wrote:

> At 10:45 AM 1/30/2004 -0800, Kimber Rodgers wrote:
> >She said olive oil helped her w/ chafing.
>
> A number of hikers who suffered from chafing in '02 swore by Desitin. I
> recall someone claiming Astroglide worked for him.

Not everybody uses the term "chafing" the same. I suspect they may have
been using as a euphemism for the intended purpose of Desitin, diaper
rash. The combination of heat, marginal hygiene and sometimes having to
ration ones toilet paper makes hikers susceptible to it.

No doubt about it though, it was a god send. It was just hard to call my
dad and ask him to send me a tube in my next resupply. Thankfully, he
seemed to understand without too much explanation on my part. :-)

-Karl

Karl "Birdman" Brandt PCT97 LT98
http://people.ucsc.edu/~kbrandt/