[pct-l] re: concerning not needing sun glasses

I became very lax about wearing sunglasses while hiking several years ago,
and I am paying a price for it.  I have developed overgrowths of skin on my
eye whites (pterygia) that will require surgery if they begin to cover my
peepholes, plus I have placed myself at greater risk for premature
cataracts.  This is the sort of thing, like skin cancer, that was easy to
laugh off when I was a young pup, but I (surprise!) didn't stay young
forever.  Now I am one of those elder curmudgeons warning the current crop
of youngers to BEWARE!  UV radiation'll git ya!

Sunglasses need not be dark, the amber lenses are fine, but NOT so cheap
that they don't provide complete UVA-UVB protection.

Happy trails,

Two Legs