[pct-l] Sun Protection

I found a polyester shirt from the thrift store worked
quite well for me. For the princely sum of $4 I had a
shirt that blocked sun, had a front pocket for my
camera, dried quickly and provided insect protection
as well. At the end of my thru-hike, the shirt was
rather filthy but had no holes in it what-so-ever and
still very wearable. (Minus the odor and stains from
4+ mos of backpacking).  Upon my return to Colorado,
bought another polyester shirt for an equaly princely
sum of $4.

I couple my stylish polyester shirt with a wide
brimmed khaki hat from Wallie World. Gives me a rakish
appearence and blocks the sun from my face. (This one
was a bit more expensive -$6). In the desert and in
high altitude settings, I wear my sunglasses.

I do not use any sun protection on my legs, I can't
even remember the last time my legs burned. But, I do
have a somewhat dark complexion -esp. after being in
the sun for an extented period of time.

Anyway, that is what works for me.

=====
--Thoreau