[pct-l] California Segment A - Water and Best Camping Spot?

I spoke with a couple hikers at Barrel Spring last week who hiked from the border. They said their was NO flowing water anywhere on the trail between the border and Barrel Spring except at Long Canyon. You could camp there. There was "frozen green water" in the trough at Pioneer Mail. Of course, water faucets at developed areas may be on, or may be off for winter.

AsABat
(Hoping this makes it through as I'm on a different email account.)

Mike Saenz <msaenz@mve-architects.com> wrote:
Looking to finally continue north from Morena Reservoir next week. First two hikes were day hikes. This will be my first night on the trail. We'll park a car at Mt Laguna.
At this time of year, is there flowing water in Kitchen Creek or Long Canyon? Any springs along the trail?
Also, can anyone recommend a nice spot between Morena and Mt Laguna to pitch a tent?
Thanks in advance-

-RJ