[pct-l] PCT Map Programs Redux

I have the National Geographic maps, (powered by TOPO!), for Oregon as well
as a book entitled GPS Waypoints:  Oregon.  Last summer I climbed middle
sister & entered the summit from both into my GPS.  The books coordinates
were spot on.  The National Geographic maps, (powered by TOPO!), had me
about 200 horizontal feet and 800 vertical feet off!

I used the National Geographic maps, (powered by TOPO!), for a 4 day hike in
the diamond peak area and was happy with them.  I guess I'm just saying I
wouldn't use it to find a spring or other small object, but for lakes and
trail junctions it was fine.

David
david@dalbey.org