[pct-l] sun protection

A long sleeve supplex nylon shirt of any brand will work just fine for sun
protection. Ditto for pants. I wore both even in 110 degree weather.  They also
protect me from bugs, brush and save me the weight and cost of deet and sun
block. And I don't have to slather on all those weird chemicals. I never wear
shorts or a short sleeved shirt. Just too touristy looking for my tastes. Makes
me look like a pretty, pink pawed, prissy, plump, pencil pushing, primped
poodle of a pansied preppy type (Spiro Agnew with his "nattering nabobs of
negativity" would be proud of me) on a weekend outing on the cover of Backpacking
Magazine. So clean and sweet smelling. ICK! Give me a smelly old blue collar,
dirt ball, thru hiker Jim Bridger/Geronimo type who LOOKS like he belongs in the
woods instead of a Woody Allen/ Michael Jackson type who looks like he has
never even SEEN dirt, any day. You know, like Rupert of Survivor fame. Oops wait
a minute. I guess he wore a make shift dress for a while to get over crotch
rash.

   David C