[pct-l] Re: San Felipe Hills alternate route?

Carol "Brawny" Wellman, in her book, "My Journey to Freedom and Ultralight
Backpacking", wrote:  "It takes a measure of misery to make memories."  Some
truly wonderful memories have come out of the San Felipe Hills.  Thanks, all, for
sharing them.

It must be here, facing that climb up out of Scissors Crossing, that many of
our AT graduates who have heard of our relatively easy, stock-graded trail,
first realize that the PCT is going to be a different challenge.  I for one vote
to keep it.  In their way, the San Felipe Hills are as impressive a part of
the PCT experience as the Sierras or the Pasayten Wilderness.
_____