[pct-l] Tarptent Virga or Squall?

I would get the squall.  In fact I did.  I first bought the Virga and it
ended up being too small for my liking.  So I traded it for the Squall and
that has plenty of space for me.  Plus, since its much wider, I can use my
trekking pole for the front post and bring the height up a bit without
making it too narrow.  For a smaller person, I think the Virga may be OK
but I'm around 6'3" so I'd rather have the extra height.  I think the
Squall is only 4 oz. heavier so its worth it in my book.

Steve

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 ALightner@aol.com wrote:

 > I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on the difference between the
 Tarptent Virga and Squall.  I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to
 these two; I need an enclosed, bug-proof space because my Arc Alpinist
 bag lets in the critters at night, especially when I'm using it more as a
 blanket than a bag.  Since I don't have the opportunity to try before I
 buy, I thought I'd ask for thoughts.  I'm worried about the cramped space
 in the Virga, especially with condensation concerns, but I?m all for
 saving every ounce?especially on a long trip.  I tried to mimic the
 dimensions of the front with current tarp, and found the space in the
 Virga design confining enough that I couldn?t escape contact with the
 tarp (and the condensation that would accompany it on the trail), but I
 doubt my jury rigged version did true justice to the design.  All
 thoughts are welcome