[pct-l] hostels along the trail

you wrote:
"I can't afford to stay in motels unless I split the cost with other hikers. I'm looking for a list of Hostels or very hiker friendly (cheap) motels that I can stay at without having to shack up. "

In wrightwood there are trail angels that let you stay at their house (check register at Mountain Hardware)

you wrote:
"Etna - Hostel (I think there was a post that said this was out of business) "

I don't know about Etna being out of business, unless it happened this fall.  I stayed at the "hiker hut" this past year.  It is a nice converted barn at a B&B.  The B&B is Bradleys' Alderbrook Manor (www.sisqtel.net/~joybrad)

If you are hiking north and start at the kickoff,  you probably will be able to find people to split rooms w/ along the way

-Bryan W