From: pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of David Dalbey
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 1:01 PM
To: pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [pct-l] Golite nest, tents & JMT

Well, it looks like we'll actually get to hike the JMT this summer!  I
asked my boss for the bulk of July off & he actually took it well.

I am trying to figure out our shelter dilemma and was wondering if
anybody has experience or first hand knowledge of the Nest 2 from golite
which I would use with our den 1 tarp.  My main concern is space for two
& looking at golite's website it looks tight.  I have a 1st generation
Six-moon designs Europa that works for two of us on weekends but its a
little tight for 3 weeks for two, (me being slightly clausterphobic -
thats why I like tarps!).

If the nest doesn't look like it will work for us other options are
probably a Henry Shires' tarptent or Brawney's Tacoma-for-two.  I might
check out Ron Moak's 2nd generation europa if he has it set up at the
PCT meeting this weekend.  I was just hoping not to have to fork out
that much money to stave off the mosquitos!

Thanks,

David