[pct-l] Freeze dried Vs. dehydrated

While visiting the "be prepared" web site I noticed they sell both freeze
dried and dehydrated food. Anybody out there who has tried both, say, F.D. corn
and dehydrated corn? I see that it takes much longer to hydrate the dehydrated
corn, but that is not a concern since I use a wood stove so fuel rationing is
not an issue. What I am really wondering about is taste and texture. Is there
much difference? How about eggs?
   I don't care for freeze dried meals. I like to make stews with canned
chicken, baby potatoes and fresh veggies such as onions, bell peppers, squash,
habenero peppers and cherry tomatoes. I thought I'd go with dehydrated veggies
such as corn and peas as well. I've been offered them as crunchy snacks (maybe
they were freeze dried?) and they were delicious but I'm not sure if they would
be as good rehydrated in a stew. The ones in the packaged freeze dried meals
are kind of rubbery
      And does anyone know of a backpacking crock pot, preferably with a non
stick surface? I currently use a backpackers Teflon coated frying pan instead.
(No, not when pressed for time - just on laid back trips)  David C