[pct-l] Food for the trail

In a message dated 1/15/04 1:09:21 PM, walkinglarry@yahoo.com writes:

<< Both of these issues are solved with the Ice series of
Clif bars.  They combine the tastes of chocolate and
mint, and include caffeine, and spared me those pesky
withdrawal headaches whenever I left town and coffee.

I had the same problem with coffee withdrawals so I weaned myself off of it
by slowly switching to decaf over about a month's time. It saved a lot of time
in the morning not having to have a cup of Joe. I could be out of camp in 15
minutes most mornings.
I carried decaf for evening meals. I never went back to caffeinated coffee,
although once in a while I have the real stuff. I just don't want to get
addicted again. David C