[pct-l] Re: socks

I find Smartwools last as long as boots.  Maybe they
shouldn't...but they do.  I usually replace the three
pair that I carry once every 800 miles.  Provided I
wear each pair equally, that's less than 300 miles per
pair.  I think they could do twice that.

I mail them home and then they live seemingly forever
in this box of other "worn" Smartwools and get used on
weekend hiking trips until eventually the heels get
threadbare and they can't even be used as house socks.

To me, worth the price.  Your feet need to be cared
for - obviously.  It's great to hear people talk about
other brands, though.

Nocona