[pct-l] How much food a day do you need?

Good point. Even when I am getting ready for a trip, I only hike 1 day a week, at 8-10 hours.(For those interested, I live in Butte County, and one of my favorite warm up hikes is at Belden, going up into Bucks lake Wilderness. Some might think I am a masochist, but this is the PCT list. It is what you have to do to get into shape :-)... )

-Mt Goat-

Marshall Karon <m.karon@comcast.net> wrote:
Biggest problem for me was after the hike. Since you are on somewhat a starvation diet, when you stop you start eating and gaining weight. I am heavier now than I ever was. After all, who exercises 8-10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week for 5 months.

Have a great hike!

Marshall Karon