[pct-l] Gear List

List looks pretty good. My comments:

You are presuming that you need more gear in the Sierras than elsewhere -
probably not true. I found the Sierras to be warm enough so I didn't need
extra equipment (except possibly ice axe, different boots, more socks).
Washington proved to be the coldest and rainiest of all. You may find you
can do with the lighter sleeping bag and liner the whole trip.

I didn't see extra socks. You need at least 3 pair (outer and liners).
OK not to have extra hiking shorts and tops.

    Umbrella ???
    Crampons - you probably won't need them.
    Floppy Hat - you may want it in Oregon/Washington for rain.
    Acerteryx  - you probably only need 1 warm fleece top and maybe a light
weight polypropylene shirt
    Long johns - probably not needed in the Sierras (presuming Gore-tex
feels OK on the skin)
    Caps - you probably only need one warm hat
    Mosquito Net - you won't need it in Washington
    Ski gloves - not sure how thick these are - probably warm fleece gloves
and wind/water mitts would work
    Wipes - ??? - how about just a small camp towel
    First aid stuff - you probably won't need most of it
    Water carrier - you will need extra water capacity for the desert -
either a water bag or carry jugs of water

Marshall Karon
Portland, OR
m.karon@comcast.net