[pct-l] Mountain Lion

In an area called Whiting Wilderness Ranch a mountain lion perhaps killed one
person and seriously mauled another. Whiting Wilderness Ranch is
approximately 1500 acres nestled between several densely populated towns in Orange County,
CA. Yet it is a designated wilderness

The injured person was mountain biking with a group when the lion attacked
her. If it wasn't for her friend who stopped the lion from dragging her off by
pulling on her feet.
A few other bikers came by and drove the lion off. It was not until when
medic was removing the victim that they notice a second victim who was half buried
along the trail. This person a male was killed or died sometimes earlier. It
has been assume that the loin was protecting his/her kill The suspected lion
was killed last night. If this lion was a celebrity (making money) like
Seigfried and Roy's Lion it would never have been killed. I believe this is the third
mountain lion shot within the last year by park police in this area. Bikers,
hikers, horse back riding and women pushing baby carriages are allowed in the
park, but no dogs. The  environmentalist feel the dogs will scare of the
bears,lions, etc

I saw a mountain lion several years ago in Whiting Ranch. The lion paid no
attention to me. It was busy trying to catch some birds. I guest this was then
his/her food chain. Evidently the food chain moved up to humans. I reported
this sighting to the ranger station.  I got no responce from the ranger

I again question why this area was designated a wilderness. 1500 acres
surround by highway and millions of people. How can large wildlife exist here
without incidents as occurred last night? Oh! I know it makes the present day
environmentalist feel so good to have a designated wilderness in their back yard.
This was the trend several decades ago by local chapters of the Sierra Club. At
the same time the same environmentalist (Sierra Club) voted for mass
inmagration which resulted in building more homes yes cutting down more trees. Oh! Yes,
their cry save the forest, save the amimals, save the air and streams but
people votes trees don't, aminals don't and that's more inportant you see the
Sierra Club became so attached to the Denoctrtic party they could not see the
forest  because of the votes.

lonetrail