[pct-l] (no subject)

I was camped at Cathedral Lakes last August while doing the JMT and had an encounter with a HUGE bear.  I was asleep and he walked into one of the tarp guy lines.  With the full moon and looking up at him, he did look as big as a VW Beetle.  He went away after I yelled at him.  Soon I heard other nearby campers yelling at him. I was using a bear cannister which by the way I never seemed to find a comfortable place to carry it so I ended up with it strapped to the back of my pack.
Blaze